tips on editing files

Holmes, Steve SAHolmes at ahcccs.state.az.us
Tue Jan 16 12:33:57 EST 2001

Anyone have ideas on using Vi with Speakup? What I mean is while I am typing
text in "insert mode", Speakup reads back the remaining part of the line
after every keystroke.  I'm sure it's because of how Vi puts stuff back to
the screen.  I just wonder how others out there deal with.  Do you turn off
speech while typing this way or do you just type real fast and try to ignore
the chatter? (I do the latter. <smile>)