Lilo geo_comp_addr Error with 2.4.0

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Tue Jan 9 08:40:27 EST 2001

Janina,

One thing that comes to mind here for me. I know that slackware puts the
kernel image in the root directory with a softlink in the /boot
directory. This can cause confusion as far as I can see. What I have found
is that you can put the image in the /root directory (which I go ahead and
put on the first available partition) and skip the softlink altogether. I
name the kernel something that will help me remember when I compiled it
and any special features. I can find nothing sacred about vmlinuz other
then that it is the common name scheme. But I have seen the same (or a
similar) problem where someone continued following the slackware original
setup.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Cluelessness
	There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of
	inquisitive idiots