Lilo geo_comp_addr Error with 2.4.0

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon Jan 8 22:43:22 EST 2001

The kernel is a bzImage of 651,696 bytes. Is that too large? Seems to me
that this should just make it.

The exact error lilo is reporting is:

geo_comp_addr: Cylinder number is too big (1530 > 1023)

Sure sounds like the old "keep it below 1024"

There was one other problem, now that I look back at the logs. 'make
modules_install' complained about depmod -f. I ran depmod -a 2.4.0 by
hand, but is this perhaps not the same thing? Might this be a modules
issue?