Lilo geo_comp_addr Error with 2.4.0

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon Jan 8 17:18:02 EST 2001

I've just compiled up a 2.4.0 kernel without a hitch -- until I get to
issuing the lilo command for the new configuration. This gives me a
geo_comp_addr too big error.

The hd hasn't changed since last I booted with 2.2.18. It's been the size
it /hda1 has been the size it is for some time, actually. But 2.4.0
doesn't like it. If I comment out the new kernel and execute lilo,
everything is OK.

Is there anything that I can do short of sizing hda1 down? That doesn't
sound like progress!

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

janina at afb.net
(202) 408-8175
http://www.afb.org/gov.html

The invention of the printing press has been named the crowning
achievement of the past millennium. Yet, electronic publishing will soon
eclipse it. Read our White Paper: "Surpassing Gutenberg" available at:

	http://www.afb.org/ebook.html

Are you developing software? Make it accessible to blind computer users.
Read http://www.afb.org/technology/accessapp.html to learn how.