dsl and sendmail

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Sat Jan 6 20:48:26 EST 2001

I am using 2y.net's dynamic service, where I could make my machine update
to the server on net connect. It'd be nice if there were free services
providing pop3 on a domain, where the address of the hosting server won't
appear in the email from header.
I'd have to use email forwarding that provided it's own smtp server to use,
as the admin of my isp isn't too fond of people sending mail with other
servers in the from header.
At 04:30 PM 1/6/01 -0600, you wrote:
>The unfortunate thing about this setup is that it's assuming a 24x7
connection.  One of the Linux boxes I use is exclusively for that.  It's up
24x7 and connected
>24x7.  The main drag about this setup is that since I don'thave a static
IP if I lose the dsl connection or it dropps the IP changes and Ihave to go
and update