dsl and sendmail

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Fri Jan 5 18:39:43 EST 2001

Sorry on this but to answer Steve's original question here is what you do.

1.  Make a file called /etc/virtdomains or what ever.  I just put it in /etc but you can put it where you like.

2.  In the file you make put in the name of the domain for which you receive mail.  For example mine is asmodean.net.

3.  In sendmail.cf add the line: 'Fw/etc/virtdomains' and restart sendmail.

I put the line somewhere after the privilaged users just so it's somewhere near the top of the cf file.  My linux box is called gallegos.asmodean.net but it can
still receive mail sent to raul at asmodean.net because of this.  Mail gets dumped into raul's spool file just as it should and there is no procmail or fetchmail
fancies to be done with things for it to work.  I'm glad I could help with this one.

Good luck.