a gpl question

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Fri Jan 5 17:42:21 EST 2001

Actually, the GPL doesn't *really* require that the software be free of
charge. Put another way, anyone can charge anything they want for the
distribution of a piece of GPL software (note shrink-wrapped Linux
distros). However, the source code must be freely available, and any
changes to the source code must likewise be placed under the same
stipulations (freely available source code). Note also that while you can
charge whatever you want for a GPL software, so can anyone who buys a
distribution of it from you (I.E. you can charge, then they can turn right
around and give it away for free, again provided that the source is
included and freely available).

Still workin on this Email thing...Gads I wish someone providing virtual
hosting service would let you peek at the control panel before you sign
up...this one's *full* of Javascript and un-alt-tagged graphical links.
<Grrrrrrr>

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV
Voice mail: 877-791-5298