dsl and sendmail

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Wed Jan 3 17:16:51 EST 2001

I'm using dialup with ppp, and my sendmail in redhat works fine.
At 07:00 AM 1/3/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi gang.  I apologize for this off-topic message in advance but I'm at a
loss as to what the problem could be.  Yesterday I switched from using my
rr.com cable
>modem to earthlink dsl.  I've
>installed roaring penguin and have successfully connected to the net.  I
can surf just fine now.  The problem is if I try to send mail through my
Linux box
>sendmail is not sending any mail and this started when I switched from
using the road runner to the dsl.  The only thing I can think of is that
because the dsl
>connection uses ppp0 instead of eth0 that might have something to do with
it, but I can't put my finger on it.  I'm using slackware 7.0 with some
ugraded
>packages to 7.1.  As I stated, this worked before and still does if I
switch to the road runner cable modem but not with the ppp0 interface using
dsl.

>Any ideas?  I'm still using the default sendmail.cf which came with
slcakware.  I've nothad to modify it before.  I've also kept my
gallegos.asmodean.net name on