dsl and sendmail

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Wed Jan 3 08:00:24 EST 2001

Hi gang.  I apologize for this off-topic message in advance but I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be.  Yesterday I switched from using my rr.com cable
modem to earthlink dsl.  I've
installed roaring penguin and have successfully connected to the net.  I can surf just fine now.  The problem is if I try to send mail through my Linux box
sendmail is not sending any mail and this started when I switched from using the road runner to the dsl.  The only thing I can think of is that because the dsl
connection uses ppp0 instead of eth0 that might have something to do with it, but I can't put my finger on it.  I'm using slackware 7.0 with some ugraded
packages to 7.1.  As I stated, this worked before and still does if I switch to the road runner cable modem but not with the ppp0 interface using dsl.

Any ideas?  I'm still using the default sendmail.cf which came with slcakware.  I've nothad to modify it before.  I've also kept my gallegos.asmodean.net name on
the linux box which is how it was setup for rr.com and that part has not changed.

Thanks.

Raul A. Gallegos -- raul at asmodean.net
msn id: ragallegos at hotmail.com -- icq: 5283055
http://www.asmodean.net