a ton of questions

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Tue Jan 2 12:37:45 EST 2001

dmesg is a command that allows you to resee the Kernel output.
What I typically do is first run the script command to make a file by typing
script /folder/filename.txt
Then I enter the:
dmesg
command. I would suggest silencing speakup at this point because it will
chatter on for quite a while.
Then, type
exit
All the Kernel output is then dumped into a file named
/folder/filename.txt
or whatever you named the folder, and file.