RH7 and single user mode?

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at mediaone.net
Sat Feb 24 22:15:26 EST 2001

Hi, Just wondering if someone could tell me how to boot RH 7 into single
user mode?  I am running with Lilo on my mbr and dos selected as my default
operating system.  I know that when I boot, I can down arrow once to load
Linux, but i have no idea how to get a lilo prompt, or what to type if I
had one.  I also have a bootdisk if it would be easier to do  that way.  I
need to do this because I was playing with sndconfig.  Sndconfig decided to
write to my modules.conf before actually testing the settings and now my
system is locking at bootup.  If anyone has any suggestions other than
single user mode as to how to get around this, I'm all ears.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Al