/proc/speakup

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Fri Feb 16 01:55:46 EST 2001

I seem to recall that alsa sets the permitions on /proc/asound with
a command-line option we might be able to steal the code to do it.
Alternatively we could have a /proc/speakup/access file root only accessable
and if you want to open up the rest of the files echo 1 >/proc/speakup/access from one of the startup
scripts like /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward does.
That way we keep both camps happy. If you want the files open you say so
in the boot scripts, if not the default can be paranoia.
Comments anyone?