minor problems with doubletalk LT and kernel 2.4

Jacob Schmude
Thu Feb 15 10:23:45 EST 2001

HI

     I've been having some minor problems with a doubletalk LT and kernels
from the 2.4 series. I believe one of them was referenced here before.
First, when executing a command such as:
echo 9 >/proc/speakup/rate
	I hear the synth saying "9s" but there is no rate change. I need to
use insert-keypad-enter to shut speakup off then put the new value into
/proc/speakup/rate. It only seems to effect the rate parameter, at least on
this system. The second problem is that the dtlt will frequently miss the
first character of lines when they are being written to the screen. This
does not effect the reading cursor, just text that is written to the screen.
For example, at a shell prompt that says "bash$" I'd only hear "ash$". It is
always the first character that is missed. Neither of these problems happen
with kernel 2.2.18. Any ideas?