off topic but urgent

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Thu Feb 15 04:20:55 EST 2001

The usb stuff requires a daemon and modules to run it;
you can't get those loaded until after boot so speakup won't run with it since
usb isn't active early enough. I'd say you're screwed :-(
Why they have to take serial ports off notebooks altogether is beyond me; they're still more
common than usb although intel wants it otherwise.

Regards, Kerry.