/proc/speakup

Tyler Spivey tyler at wapvi.bc.ca
Wed Feb 14 21:14:20 EST 2001

/proc/speakup was a bad idea. because:
1. if a hacker gained root, you couldn't turn off the net or something without speech. (if
someone shut it off)
i think a keypad configuration system would be in order. use one of the unused keys, or see if numlock is on/off, and if its one way, use rate pitch and volume on the keypad.
check if scroll lock is on (no one uses it) and do other things.
scroll+num, +caps. things like that.
just my 2 sents. and i'm looking for someone that can give me free synths, (i almost had one,
but the guy got really mad and ignores me).