saving settings

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Tue Feb 13 20:15:58 EST 2001

Raul -
I   am using a pair of programs called 'loadspk' and 'dumpspk' to do
that. They used to be included in speakup at least through 0.09, and while
I am now using 0.10, I am not sure if they are still included with that
version or not. My older copies continue to work. 'dumpspk' writes the
current settings in text to stdout and can be redirected to a
file. 'loadspk' reads the same information from stdin. Thus if you create
a file with:

dumpspk > /etc/speakup.conf

for instance, you can later restore its values with:

loadspk < /etc/speakup.conf

The filename and its location are arbitrary.

HTH - Chuck