transport and capitol letters

Jim Danley Jim at Danley.com
Tue Feb 13 08:52:43 EST 2001

The code that handles pitch change for upper/lower case letters is common
to all synthesizers.  I imagine that if you tested several examples you
would find that your results are not consistent.  There is a known bug
which sometimes causes characters or parts of a synthesizer command
to be dropped into the bit bucket.  Whenever you press a key speakup
sends a command to the synth to go silent.  Every synth reacts a bit
differently to this command in so far as how long one should wait before
sending more characters.  What's needed is a method of waiting x amount
of time, on a synth by synth basis, before sending more data to the synth.
No solution has yet been offered, but I know it will be fixed someday.

	Jim