first time install

Tommy Moore stp at odysseus.yi.org
Mon Feb 12 14:13:57 EST 2001

Yes, the latest disks on the speakup site are the ones for 2.2_r2 using speakup-0.10. Still haven't been able to fix the driver images and the udma66 tar ball, but the drivers.tgz file works.
I've atempted to make a set of boot-floppies by including all speakup supported synths, and when I specify speakup_synth=ltlk and speakup_ser=0 on the command line my synth isn't detected so I don't know if its just a problem with the litetalk driver or with some other drivers as well so my all in one cd is going to be put on hold for a little while.
I have made a cd with litetalk support that boots talking andeverything so if people want that they can have it  if requested.
I think I'll put it up on an ftp server somewhere so if people want it let me know.
thanks.
tommy.