Speakup 0.10A and Apollo

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Mon Feb 12 08:29:59 EST 2001

The artic transport can run in 2 modes:
Porttalk which it does properly,
and accent that it does badly.
The internation under the accent driver is rather flat; strange things happen with
achronyms and punctuation and the accent command set has higher overhead.
Anyone who has used a transport in accent mode under JFW will note
the lack of internation, the stupid slowdowns and other silliness.

In porttalk mode, the transport behaves itself a lot better.
Also, the porttalk (transport emulator) that Geoff uses on the Eureka
only emulates porttalk and not accent.
The reason for this is that the shutup code for the accent is a multi-character code
and for technical reasons it is difficult to hook the serial interrupts on the
64180 so porttalk it is with the control-x shutup code.

Regards, Kerry.