first time install

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Mon Feb 12 00:37:28 EST 2001

Hi:

You can indeed use the debian 2.2 stuff to install debian 2.2r2.  The only
difference in point release 2 is that some packages have been updated.  I
think that there have been some minor changes in the boot-floppies stuff
too, but it's still essentially the same version number so it *should*
work.

There have been some changes to the debian install that allow for the
placing of the correct keymap and stuff like that.  You could do this
yourself, but I'd not recommend it as there's really no reason to do this.

Note that you can use either the base floppy images or base22.tgz, you do
not need both.  The tgz file is for hard disk based installs.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest reading the debian installation manual
- it's very good.

Geoff.