CD and tape ripper for Linux

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Sun Feb 11 02:11:04 EST 2001

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Shaun Oliver wrote:
> I'd seriously consider not doing away with windows entirely.
> yes it's a pain in the neck and the bain of most peoples existence but
> there's a place for it especially if you want to run web servers that
> support the microsuck server extentions. ....

Umm, and why would you want this? The only reason I could understand is
that you have corperate policy saying macroslop. First, if you have your
server going to a database, you can still grab info from a m$
"solution" with Linux. (Use standard SQL queries.) Second, if you are
building your database you have much better tools for the job in
Linux. Also an Apache server is so much more flexible it would make your
head spin. Not to mention lack of lisense fees and fewer security holes.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nothing is hard if you know the answer or are used to doing it.