transport and capitol letters

raul at asmodean.net raul at asmodean.net
Fri Feb 9 08:52:24 EST 2001

I wanted to pass along this little bug I found which I'm not sure is
related to just the transport but I also have a speakout and this does not
surface.

If I have a word which has one capitol letter in from such as at the
beginning of a sentence and I'm reviewing by character the transport's
pitch goes up on the first letter to indicate it is capitolized however
the second letter is also spoken with the higher pitch, once I get to the
third letter the pitch returns back to normal.  This can be misleading
since there might be times that the first two letters are capitolized
whether by design or accident and it would be difficult to spot.

I'm not a programmer else I would just fix it and offer my changes.  It
seems that what ever code tells the transport to raise the pitch isn't
catching the code to lower it again on a lower-case letter.

I'm also using the cvs version of speakup on kernel 2.2.18.