Reflector outage

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Thu Feb 8 21:44:42 EST 2001

Hi all

You may not be aware, but Kirk and Jim have been doing some serious hacking
on speak freely over the last few days.  You can check out what they've
done by getting the speak_freely module from the CVS repository.  Anyway,
around 21:30 GMT (4:30Pm EST), Jim managed to crash the reflector.  Seems
it doesn't like 1K chat messages ... or maybe it just doesn't like the
declaration of independence.  Anyway, no-one noticed for 5 hours, at which
point, I marched along and found it.  Those with the standard speak freely
will probably be seeing my name at the front of chat messages until Kirk
restarts it.  Those running the new-and-improved <?> CVS version will not
as it doesn't print the reflector chat prefix.

BTW: The bug that caused the crash is not in CVS, for obvious reasons.

Geoff.