RedHat 7 speakup installation?

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Sun Feb 4 15:27:51 EST 2001

Hi all!  It's been ages!  As it happens, I just solved that problem last
night, at least, I hope I did.  grab
ftp://speakup.octothorp.org/pub/redhat-7.0/RPMS/kernel-2.2.16-22.i686.rpm.
The RPMS part is uppercase.  Then, do: rpm -iv --force
<path>kernel-2.2.16-22.i686.rpm.  Then, edit /etc/lilo.conf.  Right above
or below the line that says "default=linux" put:
append="speakup_synth=acntsa"
or you could try txprt instead of acntsa.  Save the file and run lilo by
typing lilo at a command prompt.  Reboot, and magic should happen.

     Any questions, call or write.

          Bill in Denver