Installing Debian

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sun Feb 4 03:05:30 EST 2001

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Georgina Joyce wrote:

> Hi
>
> Isn't it the rescue files that are broken?  I don't think that the
> drivers.gz files are speakup dependent.

No but the driver files are kernel dependant.  Since speakup is also kernel
dependant and since speakup is running just fine, then the drivers are at
fault (in this case, anyway).

The trouble is that the original debian 2.2 bootfloppies used kernel 2.2.16
(I think).  Since speakup 0.10 needs kernel 2.2.18, then everything else
needs to be made to comply with kernel 2.2.18.  this is not a difficult
procedure, it just needs to be done, is all.

Geoff.