advantages of running linux..

Victor Tsaran vtsaran at nimbus.ocis.temple.edu
Thu Feb 1 19:06:25 EST 2001

Several other things I'd like to point out.
Emacs with Emacspeak will pretty much substitute most of the functions that one can do with their screen readers. Outside of Emacs I haven't found a good file management tool similar to what one gets with Windows. Unfortunately for me, and this is probably the only thing that still keeps me in Windows, Linux lacks a good text-oriented PC recording applications like Cakewalk in Windows. Because of Creative's slowness one cannot get full support for Sound fonts with Linux. However, I agree that in terms of process management, even Windows2000 cannot compare to Linux. Lynx is a nice text browser, but it is quite behind in many contemporary web technologies such as Javascripts...
Best regards,
Victor

have you thought of visiting Cybertsar's Internet Kingdom? It is still alive!
Here is the URL:
http://go.to/vtsaran
or
http://kickme.to/vtsaran