speakup 1.0 and slackware 8.0

Reinhard Stebner raydar at tamu.edu
Sat Dec 29 12:26:02 EST 2001

> Slackware 8 does come with talking boot disks and kernel.

The only thing I found on the speakup web site was slackware 7.1 with
speaking boot disks.  Am I missing something?

Thank you so much for your help it means a lot to me.  Here are some more
newbee questions.  Could someone please explain how the man page works?  (by
taking a man page and saying what all of the  [] {} and <> mean in context?

How dows one read one screen at a time instead of one line at a time?

Is there a way to copy that page and save it and then braille out than man
page?

Is there any way to have a braille device working with speakup?

Where can I find more docs on the proper feeding and care of my new os?

What about speakup (see last quesion).

How hard is it to find documentation on programming un unix/linux?
Is it quite differant from programming under dos?

Final quesion, what are some do and don'ts when comming to:

1) installing and setting up the os
2) running the os
3) upgrading
4) speakups limitations when comming to the operating this os?

Thank you once again for your willingness to help me out.