recording

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Wed Dec 26 16:44:45 EST 2001

Greg -
In later versions of the alsa drivers I had to set both "Mic
capture" and "Capture" separately. If you set "Capture" without
including the "Mic" with it, you specify an amplitude in percent
form, which you will have to play with to get right.
Mine is:

amixer set Capture 25%

but that will depend on your Master volume setting and goodness
knows what else.
Chuck