Alsa And Mutt

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Mon Dec 24 16:05:48 EST 2001

Hi, Gregg,

     Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  Yesterday was rebuild
the server date.  If you do: "telnet icarus.cc.uic.edu 143", you'll see
the response from the IMAP server.  I no nothing about your university,
but I no that edu institutions are adopting the IMAP protocol a bit
faster than the public ISPs.  So I did a telnet to confirm it and
reported.  Oh, cool!  I see that it also supports ssh.  You can most
likely use it to encrypt your fetchmail sessions.  Try adding this line to
your .fetchmailrc
	       plugin "ssh %h /usr/sbin/imapd" auth ssh;

This assumes that the imapd executable is in the usual place on the
server.  You'll be prompted for the password, just like in an ssh session.
To automate the process, you can generate a public and private key pair and
put the public key on the server.

          HTH.
          Bill