Alsa And Mutt

Gregory Nowak gnowak1 at uic.edu
Sat Dec 22 12:36:21 EST 2001

Upgrade to alsa 0.90 beta 9, it seems to work so far.

As for your mutt question, with Linux, you are your own smtp server via sendmail now, so you don't need your isp for that.
At the end of your installk, slackware should've asked you which sendmail configuration you wanted to use.

As for pop3, you use a .fetchmailrc file for that in your home directory. Below is an example of mine with stars for my password.
Note that you might not want to use the set daemon line, because that will keep checking for mail every x (in my case 300 ) seconds. To get your mail once you have this file edited for your settings, simply type
fetchmail
. Chuck gave me a good explanation of fetchmail and sendmail which I archived for future reference. If he doesn't mind, and if I can findthe posts, I'll repost them here.

Hth.
Greg

poll icarus.cc.uic.edu protocol pop3
user gnowak1 password ****