Emacs and Slackware 8.0

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Dec 18 09:49:51 EST 2001

Hey, I just started messing around with emacs again - first time since I
installed slackware 8.0 and ran into a problem. Whenever I open emacs, I
get an error saying that it cannot find a /usr/lib/x11/locale.alias and if
I specify a file name with the command line, it doesn't open up. At this
point, I have installed all slackware packages in the e1 series and re
defined the emacs symbolic link to point to emacs-no-x11 since I don't do
x  - thank you:).

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, how did you fix it? So far,
I haven't seen any default start up files that might cause this problem.
right now, I do not have a .emacs and I got this same error even with the
-q and -no-site-file options.

Sure appreciate any help possible.