rebuilding kernel

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun Dec 16 10:30:04 EST 2001

Actually there is a little difference inasmuch as Redhat has gone ahead
and included ext3 as an option with Redhat 7.2. So, if you've gone ext3,
and you compile a stock kernel from ftp.kernel.org, you will not be able
to mount your drives with that kernel.
 On Sat, 15 Dec 2001, Darrell
Shandrow wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> There should be no difference in the kernel among Linux
> distributions.  Just go to http://www.kernel.org for the Linux kernel, then
> build and install it from there.  Of course, if you want Speakup, you'll
> need to be sure to patch the Kernel as needed.
>
> Regards.
>
> At 08:22 PM 12/15/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> >Where can I find the sources from which the "installation" Redhat 7.2
> >kernel was built?  In order to install drivers form my sound card (an
> >Aureal 8820), I need to build a kernel with sound "built in", not as a
> >module.
> >
> >-Dave

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp