slackware 8.0 and kernel 2.2.19

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Sat Dec 15 07:23:02 EST 2001

Hi Randy,
I am using Slackware 8.0 with kernel 2.2.19 and have had no problem
compiling  the alsa drivers version 0.9.0beta7. I have not tried compiling
aumix since the alsa drivers include their own utilities, one of which is
'amixer'. I would not worry about upgrading your kernel since that is
definitely not the problem.

HTH - Chuck