two steps forward one step back

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Wed Dec 12 18:02:07 EST 2001

Hi Amanda -
Nope, no winblows here. It turns out I had two problems - the people who
put my new motherboard and processor in for me left me with an
inconvenient boot sequence, so I could not boot from a floppy, and my DOS
installation was trying to load a driver for a card that had been pulled;
the driver went ballistic and caused a general protection error. I fixed
it by repairing my boot sequence, booting DOS from a floppy, and remarking
out the driver line in config.sys. My system is a dual boot DOS+Linux
system.
Chuck