two steps forward one step back

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Tue Dec 11 11:42:41 EST 2001

Maybe so. I will have to look into that further. I cannot remember exactly
when I got this thig, but it was in the late 1980s when the Arkenstone
system included a CPU on an expansion card and required a Dectalk internal
for speech. I guess the only thing it required from the host computer was
the power supply and the cabinet to keep the flies off of it. When the
Arkenstone moved over to software OCR  I just kept the old scanner and
used their proprietary interface card. The model is "Scanjet Plus", and it
has given me my moneys worth over the last 12-15 years.

I have not yet played with DOSEMU but it looks like now is the time.