two steps forward one step back

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Tue Dec 11 10:22:14 EST 2001

I am glad to know DOS runs on your system, John - that meas there has got
to be a way for it run here, so I will pursue that angle.

Steve - this flat bed scanner is a very old one which requires a
proprietary interface card. The card looks like a printer port, and the
connecting cable is a standard printer cable. So a PCI/SCSI card will
probably not help. I need a new scanner, and if I do that I will probably
just get on board with the Linux development efforts. But it will all have
to wait until after the holiday bills come in.

Visit me at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh