some networking questions, I'm slightly confused

Gregory Nowak gnowak1 at uic.edu
Tue Dec 4 14:09:07 EST 2001

Hi all,

I've got a couple of networking questions which I hope someone can clear up since I'm a bit confused here.
If you feel that this is not usefull to anyone, then please reply privately so as to not fill up the list.

Yes, I've looked at the revalent docs for the following topics.
1. Say there is a primary and secondary dns servers on a domain called mydomain.
Say also that there is a machine called mybox.
Also, I have ip addresses for primary and secondary dns servers on mydomain.
Assumming all of the above, and assuming that I have permission to officially be on mydomain which is a valid internet domain,
what do I do on mybox so that it would be resolvable
as mybox.mydomain on the net?
Keep in mind that I can be on mydomain, and that I have ip addresses for both dns
servers that serv mydomain.

2. Say that I have to nics with 2 static ip address for the outside world.
How do I set things up so that my box would use both
nics for outside access instead just either one nic or the other?
Please let me know if any of this is not clear.
Also, thanks for putting up with my various questions, and for any help in advance.
Greg