serial question

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Tue Dec 4 03:29:42 EST 2001

Wo. Hold on here. As far as I know serial ports and serial connections only
can support up to 38400 BPS, and that has nothing to do with processor
speed, but hardware speed of the serial devices.
Sure modems themselves support 115200, but going from machine to machine I
believe 38400 is max over serial ports. If someone knows any different let
us know, because it would be a nice thing to know.