Linksys

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon Dec 3 10:54:34 EST 2001

Hi, Amanda:

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Amanda Lee wrote:

> Linksys provides a web-based interface for configuration purposes which
> seems more accessible to a Screen Reader.

I'd be interested in hearing about your actual experience with the linksys
browser interface. I hope it turns out better than my experience with the
SMC products which are very similar to linksys--based on the same chipset,
etc.

My experience, based on using both lynx under linux and IE5.5 under Win98,
were not that good. I was unable to actually activate the interface
without sighted assistance. Once active, I was able to set various options
using lynx (but not IE, strangely). My current status is that my SMC
server/router seems locked up for some reason--probably my attempts to
move off the default 192.168.123.* addressing scheme.

I tried looking at the source code for the web interface. There's a lot of
javascript, at the very least.