Setting up X without a monitor

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Sat Dec 1 01:56:10 EST 2001

Hi, I am afraid you won't be able to do this. X-windows requires specific
settings from your vidio card and from the monitor. The designers assumed
that you would be using a monitor with your computer, and thus x requires a
monitor and mouse or it will fail.
At least this has been my experience. I've successfully setup x, but in each
case if the monitor wasn't present x didn't load.