Creating a new boot image

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Aug 31 17:04:24 EDT 2001

I am trying to create a new slackware boot image.  I loaded the original
speakup.i into a ram device - no problem there.  I then modified the
lilo.conf to include a synth parameter for speakout - no problem.  But I
tried to do a lilo -r /mnt (mount point to my ram device) and I keep
getting errors such as non existant device and such.  It apparently
doesn't like ft0 while using this RAM based floppy device.  How have you
all out there done this? I'm obviously referring to those who have done
this before:).

Any help?

Thanks for the idea.