LiteTalk 3.22 problem

Josh Redmond bjr at tech21.com
Tue Aug 28 16:54:24 EDT 2001

Kirk and the gang,

My client refered me to your product in an effort to make his computing
environment more manageable.
But I am having a little trouble...

I have just configured a new kernel based on 2.4.2 for RedHat 7.1 to work
with the serial LiteTalk 3.22.
What I get is that the kernel hangs upon decompression at reboot, with the
HDD light solid untill I elect to reboot.
I had no reported failures thoughout the build process.
I can still boot into the system with the default kernel.
My feeling is that the system is not finding the LiteTalk device on ttyS0.
(3f8,irq4)
I make this assumtion on the fact that on a DOS system the system will pause
untill it detects the LiteTalk.
Is this true under Linux?
If so how do I adjust the serial hardware perameters for speakup?

If this is not the case...
Could it be a version problem with the kernel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Josh Redmond
Senior Technician