ogg vorbis advice

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Tue Aug 28 11:29:04 EDT 2001

Yes the 2.91 egcs was bad news it had bugs in the optimizer
and some math functions were just plain broken.
You want a later gcc or some precompiled rpms.
Somebody could probably build  you some static libraries and binaries in the
interum; this would require options to configure but wouldn't
be hard. Static binaries don't rely
on shared libraries and if the code was built on a box with a good compiler
you wouldn't have problems with vorbis.
They're not joking about egcs 2.91; it broke speak_freely as well at one point
and I recall it having problems with certain sections of the
kernel source.

Regards, Kerry.