Hewlet Packard and Linux

Peter M. Konka pmk5485 at concentric.net
Mon Aug 27 18:02:34 EDT 2001

Hi,

         One thing that i learned this past weekend is that ther Linux can
use something called Emac Speak with VM voice or something close to
that.  What I like about this is that Emac Speak uses Elequence and i can
use my sound card instead of plugging in some other external device.

         I'm not actually sure how this works as of yet, but i do know some
what about it, and from what I hear I think that i will enjoy linux and the
emac speak.

         Now, I am sighted, but my eyes get very tired after staring at the
computer screen all day, so i do know that speech will help me out a lot.

--- peter.