Hewlet Packard and Linux

Charles Crawford ccrawford at acb.org
Sat Aug 25 08:33:30 EDT 2001

Gregory and all,

	Thanks for the note about the ability to keep the text of Linux up despite
the growing Xwindows.  I really do hope that continues since I am a bit gun
shy after seeing Microsoft slowly killing DOS.  As I understand it, you
can't boot in DOS anymore and I am not even sure the apps will work in the
new Xp.  More tragic in the DOS world is the cintinuing loss of speech
products for the environment where older speech hardware can't even be
installed.  So we truly have to not only see Linux for what it is now, but
we must also make sure it remains a place for blind folks to still do our
thing with an operating system as powerful as it is.

-- charlie Crawford.

-- charlie Crawford.