Hewlet Packard and Linux

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Sat Aug 25 00:42:08 EDT 2001

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Charles Crawford wrote:
>          I think you are wise to get ahead of the game by doing the stuff
> Linux can do without the heartaches of configure configure configure.

You know, I have been runing linux for about 3 years. I have installed a
number of times (as I get bored and re-install everything from time to
time). And it has always been quite simple. I have tried various versions
and never found it tough to install. I really don't get what people are
talking about. If you want choices taken from you go Caldera. But
(most) every distribution has an install that works on a great number of
computers without any fuss or muss. In fact, I have had much **LESS**
trouble with linux installation then with winblows.

The screens traditionally weren't as flashy. But that isn't the case with
a Red Hat X based install. And MAndrake has had the flashy down for a long
time. Of course I supose someone could do a macroslop and remove all
options on what to install as they did for winblows 2000. Would that make
it easier?

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

The mind is like a parachute; it works much better when open.
If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out.