Alternate versions of Slackware 8.0 boot disks uploaded

Joseph Norton jnorton at vol.com
Fri Aug 24 07:21:57 EDT 2001

Hi listers:

It appears that the Slackware 8.0 boot disks (as contained in the ISO
image, at least) do not have support for PPP compiled in.  I have uploaded
alternate versions of these disks to the Speakup ftp site.  If Kirk
follows his usual procedure, you should find them at:

ftp://linux-speakup.org/pub/speakup/disks/slackware/slackware-8.0

I was successful in booting up, but, don't have any scsi hardware to
actually test the "speakup.s" images.  However, both images booted up fine
(as far as I could tell).

In case you haven't, be sure to read Saqib Shaikh's "SPEAK_INSTALL.TXT"
file for instructions in selecting a synthesizer at boot time with the
disks.  Support for all synths supported by the cvs version of Speakup is
included in the kernels.  You just need to pass the proper variables to
the kernel when first booting up.  Also, if you elect to use the supplied
boot kernel from the boot disk, you will need to make sure you pass the
appropriate synthesizer variable to the kernel when setting up lilo.

Hope this helps.