triple talk internal/external

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Thu Aug 23 01:19:12 EDT 2001

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> I just had an idea and wondered if its doable.
> What if the FSF signed all those non-disclosure agreements? Then we
> could have gpl Linux drivers, right or not?

The problem is that if the driver is gpl, then said driver would violate
any non-disclosure. If you release source code, then you reveal the
interface. It would be possible to release a driver avaialable for free
download. But you couldn't release the source code and thus not use the
gpl.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

The mind is like a parachute; it works much better when open.
If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out.