triple talk internal/external

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Wed Aug 22 20:46:33 EDT 2001

I don't this company is even a they. I think it's strictly one guy.

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Jim Ruby wrote:

> I can't beleive this company would require a non disclosure agreement as the blind comunity just has such good access to everyting and no road blocks to deal with.  I guess if I would of known this I would not be
> quite so keen on buying products from them.  I think I will write them a letter asking why.  Was it hard to get the double talk specs?
>

> ,
>
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 23:51:00 +0100, Saqib Shaikh wrote:
>
> >Ok, firstly about the trippletalk. The manufacturers will not give the
> >specifications unless someone signs a non disclosure agreement, which isn't
> >possible in the opensource world. however, maybe if kirk got his hands on
> >one i'm sure he could figure out how to get one to work. as for your other
> >query, there is zipspeak. i have taken over development of zipspeak, but
> >have not been able to upload to the internet because i'm stuck on a 56 k
> >modem for another 4 weeks. after this it'll be on the net. however, maybe as
> >a one off i can mail you the cd? zipspeak will work if you unzip it to a dos
> >or win9x partition.
> >this'll work with the doubletalk lt.
> >write me privately on ss at saqibshaikh.com if you need more help.
> >saqib

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp