triple talk internal/external

Jim Ruby jruby at charter.net
Wed Aug 22 18:29:29 EDT 2001

Hi,

I've been of the speakup list for a while and with all the problems of windows xp and microsoft it is time to take another look at linux.  I have not used speakup since version x.7 or x.9 and am sure there have been
improvements.  I'm wondering if speakup will work with the internal triple talk wich is the same as a double talk pc but uses a pci slot.  Also would it work with the external triple talk wich has an usb and serial
connection.

It is my understanding that these are the same as a double talk, just updated to use pci and usb.

Also I'm wondering what would be the best flavor of linux to install and try out that is the easiest to install with speakup

I don't want to partision my hard drive at this point if I don't have to as I'd like to see if this is something I'm going to want to keep learning/using.  So if I can install on a win 98 se system or windows me system, that
would be great.
The systems I want to use it on are
dell inspiron 7500 with external double talk lt
desk top system with triple talk internal.

Thanks for any input.